Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The V

There is a time and place for everything.  The roadway leading to the banquet hall only a mile from the house I grew up in was paved with success.  First I'd put gas in my tank and straighten out my clip on bow tie staying calm to stay cool in the hot summer afternoons.  Sweat kept my cold water glass full while the kitchen at work scurried to prep food and drinks for hundreds of wedding attenders.

A little eye liner and a pony tail to tidy up the appearance of a dozen or more.  My radio was full of fast paste ignore everything and get to work music.  One hand was on the steering wheel and the other one on a book of affirmations.  I felt awful.  Far from the comforts and routines of my life I focused on learning to learn how to : how to and there was hours on end of afterwork homework on programs and conference calls for work community groups world wide that I spent until I had no life at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment